PE and School Sport Additional Funding
Following a review of PE and Sports Provision, the following priorities were identified for 2019-20 in line with the indicators below.
- The engagement of pupils in regular physical activity- to kick start healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
- Improve confidence and proficient swimmer over a distance of 25 meters
Over the course of the year we will be using the funding to:
- Increase the variety of extra curricular activities and provide additional coaches to enhance and increase this provision
- Hire specialist coaches to deliver new sports
- Increase competition opportunities in the South Sefton Sports Programme.
- Fund transport cost to enable the school to take part in more local and regional competitions
- Enhance the opportunities of intra school competitions (within school)
- Attend CPD courses to ensure staffs training and subject knowledge is upto date
- Purchase of new equipment to provide new sports provision
PE and School Sport Vision
We want our children to love PE and sport. We want them to build and achieve to become the best that they can be without boundaries or limitations. We want them to dream, believe and achieve because at Christ Church we are ATHLETES!
We want our children to have as a variety of opportunities and experiences which can support and enhance their physical literacy, ready for their sporting years ahead.
We believe that physical education provides a unique and vital contributions to every child’s physical, social and mental well-being.